Business Development Representative I
National Software company with industry leading audio and video technology is looking for assertive, entry level sales talent to help us continue our aggressive growth. If you are interested in learning professional selling and have the desire to earn a high income, then join us.
Our company provides Public Safety Solutions – we understand great public safety drives everything including safe neighborhoods, better education and job growth.
Core values of our company include:
- Client-centric – we establish long term partnerships with our clients.
- Simplicity. Reliablity. Speed – All of our solutions MUST meet these criteria to maximize client satisfaction
- Team Engagement – We foster a great team environment to deliver excellent solutions for our clients.
This position focuses on developing sales opportunities for the Outside Sales Representative Team through website inquiries, past leads, purchased leads, and targeted lists by cold calling, warm calling, e-mail, attend networking events, social media, monitor scheduled appointments and opportunities as they evolve. The successful candidate is comfortable reaching out, creating a conversation and performing the initial qualification of assigned targets. The successful candidate, upon exceeding these skills and results, is eligible for growth into our Sr. Business Development Representative for Public Safety software products and related services position.
The Business Development Representative is focused on selling software products and services to existing and new accounts. Responsibilities include the sale of primarily Body Worn Camera software products and enhancements and other appropriate solutions to prospective clients. Looking for highly motived self-starters. Extensive training provided.
To ensure success in this role, the following training includes, but is not limited to:
- Company history overview
- Basic instruction on our full suite of Public Safety Software solutions.
- Learning the Equature Sales Process and assets available
- Provide market feedback on competition, buyer trends, and client based Equature enhancement ideas
- Instruction and ability to conduct a basic product demonstration
- Overview of markets and how we compete with competition
- How to record leads, sales and order information using Company’s CRM system
- Detailed instruction on how to use Company’s lead generation and marketing tools
- Prospecting of existing and new customers, cultivating / expanding existing accounts
This individual must develop strong working relationships with other team members to support the optimal customer experience. It is important that the Business Development Representative has the interpersonal skills to work effectively with several different types of people, including, but not limited, to colleagues, prospects, and customers.
Business Development Representative’s Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrating effective customer-oriented sales skills, exceptional relationship building, qualifying skills, group presentation, and closing skills
- Managing the sales cycle from the initial contact through to the close of the sale
- Developing a pipeline of qualified leads through assigned leads and tracking opportunities through the CRM.
- Demonstrating competence in qualifying, presenting, and demonstrating the product offerings that you will sell
- Continuing to hone sales skills by investing in ongoing professional development including all relevant sales training
- Representing the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Ensuring all prospects / customers become references
- Maintaining accurate and timely data in our internal customer database
- Staying current on all products and industry trends
- Providing Management Reports as required.
- This position requires minimal travel, but s some travel for regional and national trade shows is expected; the Business Development Representative must have his/her own vehicle, a valid driver’s license and insurance
Required Skills and Experience
- This is an entry level Public Safety software sales opportunity with extensive sales training provided
- Overall understanding of business processes and sales processes is required
- Effective relationship builder; ability to develop trusting relationships with prospects, customers, team members, management, and industry influencers
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently, as well as in small teams; team-oriented values
- Ability to meet with prospects and clients before and after normal work hours if required
- Applicants with public safety or military background are highly encouraged to apply.
- Sandler Sales Training experience a plus
Equature is a national company focused on Public Safety Software. Our flagship product is a market leading platform for Public Safety responders. Our vision is to help reduce call for service response times and keep field responders safe.